Welcome to The Locket's photo blog! This blog is to showcase my most recent work, keep you updated, and let you get to know me better!

Images and text by Erin K. 'Manson' Kirchhoff.

Check out http://www.thelocketonline.com/ to view my complete portfolio.

Feel free to leave a comment or shoot me an email. I would love to hear from you!

Thanks for stopping by!


Blog Archive

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Senior: Chelsea

~ Manson

Wow - this was an all time favorite senior shoot! Chelsea was a blast! She's actually in California right now checking out colleges for art next year - my kind of gal! Chelsea is our spokesmodel for the Maquoketa/Dubuque area this year. Chelsea loves art and is on the school dance team and found us through some girls we shot from her area in 08!






Over a year ago I posted several images from a gigantic fire that took out a huge portion of Maquoketa's downtown - well, the rubble is still there! The DNR and the city have been arguing about what to do with the asbestos-ridden mess so we took advantage of it for our background!








I loooove, love, love junkyards and all the unpredictable 'schtuff' they provide! You never know what you're going to find!!! Sarah and I have had some unique encounters at junkyards - and this one didn't let me down! Most of the time I don't ask for permission to do things which is my own "I think I'm more BA than I really am and that my mouth can talk me out of anything. Well for some reason I had my dad get permission from his buddy for us to shoot in this junk yard and it actually paid off this time! Once we were almost done shooting a cop car pulled up. Surprise, surprise! I really didn't give the officer a chance to say much before I said we had permission to be there. Even so, he said, "Well it is kind of out of place to see a girl in a fancy dress walking around a junk yard." Once I explained what we were doing he didn't have much to say and went on his way.









This is only a glimpse at this girl! We have several mini-shoots planned rather than one longer one so I'm pumped to work with her again! Tomorrow's FRIDAY!!!

No comments: