Welcome to The Locket's photo blog! This blog is to showcase my most recent work, keep you updated, and let you get to know me better!

Images and text by Erin K. 'Manson' Kirchhoff.

Check out http://www.thelocketonline.com/ to view my complete portfolio.

Feel free to leave a comment or shoot me an email. I would love to hear from you!

Thanks for stopping by!


Blog Archive

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Maquoketa Fire

I should have posted these earlier, but I still think they're interesting. These pics are from a huge fire in my home town of Maquoketa several weeks ago. The fire destroyed at least five businesses, some of which were on the historical registry. I was home the weekend the fire happened and talked to a firefighter when my parents and I went out for lunch several days after the fire. He said that over 100 fire trucks assisted with the fire from 20/30 area fire departments.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

As you can see, because it was below zero the water turned to ice. The firefighter explained that because of the cold, many trucks and hoses didn't work. They drained both water towers and ended up using cement trucks to haul water from the Maquoketa River.

Photobucket

Photobucket

As I walked around to take a few photos, it was very quiet and eerie as people roamed around the piles of rubble. I felt like we were all in a scary movie.

Photobucket

Photobucket

~E

No comments: