Welcome to The Locket's photo blog! This blog is to showcase my most recent work, keep you updated, and let you get to know me better!

Images and text by Erin K. 'Manson' Kirchhoff.

Check out http://www.thelocketonline.com/ to view my complete portfolio.

Feel free to leave a comment or shoot me an email. I would love to hear from you!

Thanks for stopping by!


Blog Archive

Monday, July 18, 2011

Senior: Emily, Iowa City West

Can I just say - Miss Emily is gahhhhhh-geous! For real, what a beauty! I only got to meet Emily for a few hours, but I can genuinely tell that she is a beautiful girl on the inside too! So polite and fun to be with! Emily and her parents confirmed again, that I really do have the best job in the world! I am continually grateful that I get to do what I love for a living! My goodness, I'm a blessed young lady!

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is a German dress that I believe, Emily's grandmother made. Her mother was so proud when she wore this for a few shots!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I really don't know how I keep getting so lucky! Dancers are my favorite to shoot! They carry themselves so well and make my job so easy! It's no secret that Emily is a dancer!

Photobucket

Photobucket

As senior photo sessions are kicking into high gear, I've been scouring tons of clothing websites the last few weeks. There are some super fun ideas that I love to tuck away, to take parts of, or that help me brainstorm new locations, themes, and posing ideas. For this shoot, I wanted to give her an almost Bohemian, vintage look. In a prairie setting. When I first met Emily, I knew she could pull it off! I had shared several links with her and when she opened up her suitcase of clothes - I felt like I was in an ice cream shop with unlimited flavors! I LOVED everything she had and so much of it worked perfectly with the props and overall "look" I was going for!

Photobucket

Isn't my typewriter the coolest!?! My little brother, Eric surprised me with it a few weeks ago! It is the CUTEST on my back porch! Love it!

Photobucket

Photobucket

My fave dress she wore! I'm jealous of your closet, Emily!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Taylor Bluemel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley Stine said...

These are really good.

Em said...

It wasn't Taylor who was posting, it was me. He must have been the last one to log on to Google from my computer! Anyway - the pics are AMAZING! Dreamy and fairytale-ish, modern and cool all at the same time! Looks like you did a fantastic job capturing her spirit!