Welcome to The Locket's photo blog! This blog is to showcase my most recent work, keep you updated, and let you get to know me better!

Images and text by Erin K. 'Manson' Kirchhoff.

Check out http://www.thelocketonline.com/ to view my complete portfolio.

Feel free to leave a comment or shoot me an email. I would love to hear from you!

Thanks for stopping by!


Blog Archive

Monday, March 22, 2010

Kauai: Rick and Ashley Mini-Shoots

Have I mentioned, these two individuals are INCREDIBLE? Prior to our recent Hawaii wedding, we spent a few days learning about the island of Kauai with personal tour guides - Rick and Ashley! These two spent a bit over a year working on the island and were so eager to show off the incredible beauty of the island to Sarah and I! While we saw so many phenomenal locations, we also had two models! Rick and Ashley were so great to us and we can't thank them enough. And on the flip side, I think they will love to have images of the two of them during this special time in their life.

This shot is from our way down from Waimea Canyon. We drove all the way to the top of the canyon and it was too foggy to see anything. Bummer! I guess that means we have to go back again someday!


This shot is from what they call, Glass Beach. The area used to be a dump. I checked with Ashley and she explained that over time, the waves turned all that broken glass to sand and there is other debris on the rocks around the beach. Either way, this was one of my top favorite places we went to! Rick was a trooper after getting wet by a crashing wave about two minutes in! In one of Ashley's photo albums on Facebook I saw a pic of this tree. I told her we had to go back!


We drove up the north shore of Kauai to the Kilauea light house. It was blazing hot but we got a few fun shots! The view was phenomenal!!! I have tons of "just scenery shots" that I'll post soon too!



We ended our drive up the north shore with a stop at this dry cave across from Ha-ena Beach Park.




4 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

Love them! Quick clarifications for you: 1) we were only there a little over a year and 2) Glass Beach used to be a dump. The waves over time have turned broken glass to sand and there is other debris on the rocks around the beach. So excited to see these shots--thanks for making my Monday!

Kristin said...

LOVE these pics. I knew you guys were out taking pictures but I didn't know you were hitting all the hottest locations! Nice navigating Ashley!

P.S. Business cards are awesome!

Maloy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.