Welcome to The Locket's photo blog! This blog is to showcase my most recent work, keep you updated, and let you get to know me better!

Images and text by Erin K. 'Manson' Kirchhoff.

Check out http://www.thelocketonline.com/ to view my complete portfolio.

Feel free to leave a comment or shoot me an email. I would love to hear from you!

Thanks for stopping by!


Blog Archive

Monday, February 22, 2010

Wedding: Rick and Ashley Ceremony

One of the many reasons I love shooting weddings, is that I get to meet so many new people. I love learning about other people through their life stories. I'm a sucker for movies and books based on real stories and have always loved to tell stories about my everyday life too! I read so many other photographer's blogs and they each have their own way of posting, their own way of writing, and their own way of illustrating the feel of each wedding they shoot. All that being said, I feel like I've never really been consistent or creative with the way I post wedding images. I've been brainstorming for a long time and I'm going to try something new! I love, love, love capturing the unique relationship between the bride and groom on their wedding day and what better way to experience that feeling than to hear their engagement story! I think engagement stories tell a lot about a couple. The context of the story and the way it is written often reveals personalities and connections that others may never know about the pair. While the photos are important, I hope these stories make each post that much more intriguing!



Link to Ashley's blog to see photos from their proposal. Ashley loves to write and has a fabulous blog I encourage you to check out!

Just to help you get a feel for the scenery we were dealing with...




While I wasn't close enough to hear what was said over the sound of the waves, emotions were strong and I was overwhelmed that I was shooting my very first destination wedding. My dream was coming true!


Sarah and I compliment each other's shooting style so well. I enjoy staying back to capture the entire feel of the ceremony, whereas Sarah loves the more intimate moments and is completely comfortable getting crazy close to the couple. Keep checking out Sarah's blog to see more images from the wedding!




And a kiss to seal the deal!



Some faves of the fabulous couple!





How much more perfect can it get? A beach. Hawaii. 80 degrees. Gorgeous sunset. Sailboat in the distance. Who wouldn't want to get married in Hawaii?


I have many more Hawaii images from our trip so keep watching for more!

1 comment:

In Light of the Truth... said...

that wedding looks picture-perfect! and a sailboat for the sunset? seriously! too perfect!