Welcome to The Locket's photo blog! This blog is to showcase my most recent work, keep you updated, and let you get to know me better!

Images and text by Erin K. 'Manson' Kirchhoff.

Check out http://www.thelocketonline.com/ to view my complete portfolio.

Feel free to leave a comment or shoot me an email. I would love to hear from you!

Thanks for stopping by!


Blog Archive

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Anytime: Frozen Solid

Oh. My. Goodness. Gracious.

It is soooooo, so, so cold in our house!!!!! I'm the kind of girl who can layer long underwear, a t-shirt, a sweatshirt, and a blanket and still have goosebumps! My office usually stays pretty warm with two computers running and an external hard drive, but I walked to our bedroom to change out of my work clothes and holy cats... It was fa-reezing!!! Our bedroom has always been a cold room compared to the rest of the house but this was especially noticeable. I went downstairs to get a cup of water and the wood floor was unbelievably cold and I knew it was more than just a "cold night". Something was wrong.


photo is pre-sleepless night

I felt like I never really fell asleep last night because no matter how many covers I had tightly wrapped myself in, and no matter how closely I snuggled with my pup Riley, it was unbearably cold. I breathed air onto my nose and fingers just to get feeling in them! Maybe I'm exaggerating. Wait. Nope. We woke up this morning and the temperature had dropped to a flat 50 degrees! My cheap hind end broke down and decided that if we still hadn't figured it out the thermostat we better call for professionals! Tonight we are basking in a warm 70 degrees and loving it! I couldn't live in a place without winter, but after this year - I'm ready for the cold of winter to go hibernate till next year!

3 comments:

Sarah DeShaw said...

want to come visit? :)

The Locket said...

That made me laugh! I soooo, so, so want to come visit! After you get rid of the 8 legged creatures though:) Haven't you had unusually cold weather too?

Anonymous said...

You have really great taste on catch article titles, even when you are not interested in this topic you push to read it