Welcome to The Locket's photo blog! This blog is to showcase my most recent work, keep you updated, and let you get to know me better!

Images and text by Erin K. 'Manson' Kirchhoff.

Check out http://www.thelocketonline.com/ to view my complete portfolio.

Feel free to leave a comment or shoot me an email. I would love to hear from you!

Thanks for stopping by!


Blog Archive

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Anytime: Valentine's Day

I've written about this before, but thoughtfulness is probably my favorite quality in people. That being said, that is one of the many reasons I married my husband. My Brandon tops the list for being most definitely thoughtful. My husband has a great ability to make me feel special - and who doesn't want to feel special on Valentine's Day? Since we started dating back in high school, Brandon has always sent me flowers. Since I also teach school, Brandon sent Valentine's flowers to school. The school secretary brought a special delivery to my room Friday afternoon. A gorgeous bouquet of flowers!

Check out how they box them up and ship them! The flowers started out closed up and small.

But later that night opened up and look beautiful on my desk at home!

When I got home from school that day I had a wedding consultation at my house. Once the couple left, my husband came to my office and had gotten me one of my favorites - a "Double Doozie" cookie from the American Cookie Factory. A horrible, horrible favorite that I'd never buy for myself, but when someone spoils you with a chocolately, frosting filled cookie of goodness... you HAVE to eat it!

While my husband begged to exchange Valentine gifts on Friday night, I insisted we wait until the REAL day. So Saturday night rolls around, midnight on the dot mind you, and guess who asks to exchange gifts? I didn't give him my gifts yet, but I got one of mine - the cutest pair of new flats! Brandon nervously gave them to me and said, "I can't believe I'm supporting your habit!"

On Sunday we finally exchanged our gifts and he got me the most darling paper weight for my office - a fake, gigantic diamond ring. I thought it was the perfect gift for a wedding photographer! And of course I received a few more lip glosses to support my addiction.

I love this guy and hope that everyone has someone or something in their life that makes them feel special. Happy Valentine's Day!

Check out my super cute shower curtain and rug I put up for February!

4 comments:

Ivy said...

I heart your love. What an inspiration for this dreary cold and wintry month.
Cheers~Ivy

Sarah DeShaw said...

Everything looks so sweet! He's so good to you.

I love the way you collage your pics. And I'm so glad you're posting your decor. You should totally post a before and after of your living room!!

The Locket said...

Awww, Ivy! Thanks! I love reading your blog too - you always make me laugh! I need to come see those cute kids of yours again!

The Locket said...

He is good my dear! I've been really sick the last two nights and he has been such a sweetheart to cater to my crabby complaints! I have a list of things to blog and that is definitely on there. I just don't know if I have a before pic! I kick myself for that! I miss you so much!