Welcome to The Locket's photo blog! This blog is to showcase my most recent work, keep you updated, and let you get to know me better!

Images and text by Erin K. 'Manson' Kirchhoff.

Check out http://www.thelocketonline.com/ to view my complete portfolio.

Feel free to leave a comment or shoot me an email. I would love to hear from you!

Thanks for stopping by!


Blog Archive

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Wedding: Rick and Ashley Day Before



Because I have so many Hawaii images, I've decided to make several posts from Ashley and Rick's big day. In preparation for THE day, we went to the Pono Fish Market in Kapaa, HI to get their marriage license. For about three days during our time in Hawaii, we were basically Rick and Ashley's personal photographers and they were our personal tour guides. It was so nice to finally relax and let someone else worry about the details of traveling. Here's a few from their fun time at the fish market! Way cooler than a court house, right?


Oh my goodness gracious!!! While we were there, Rick ate one of the most disgusting creations ever! I'll have to ask him what this was called again, but it was a piece of Spam wrapped in seaweed and filled with what appears to be rice. Uhhh - it makes me gag just looking at it! Rice alone makes me feel queasy (I'm insanely visual and rice reminds me of maggots) and then add in the other stuff... I'm really happy you can't smell photos!



* UPDATE: Ashley just emailed me and said the spam in seaweed is called musubi and is a breakfast or snack item. She said Rick saw the picture and instantly said he missed them!

6 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

The spam in seaweed is called musubi and is a breakfast or snack item. Rick saw the picture and instantly said, "I miss those." I agree with the maggot statement! Love these and love the memories of the fish market!

Your teasing is really getting me excited!

The Locket said...

I can't wait for you to see more, Ashley! There are some gorgeous ones of you getting ready that I plan to put up today! Keep watching!

In Light of the Truth... said...

lovin' all the posts, Manson! Good work!

Kristin said...

I'm so excited to see more pics! I know I was 'around' but the photos help fill in the details of Ashley's trip.
Spam musubi never excited me - I just don't get it.

The Locket said...

So good to hear from you Kristin! Be sure you read Ashley's blog to hear her story of the big day. I plan to link to her writing in one of my next posts!

Love the encouragement, Sarah! I love to post but just let it get away from me sometimes! I love to blog stalk your work too!

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.