Welcome to The Locket's photo blog! This blog is to showcase my most recent work, keep you updated, and let you get to know me better!

Images and text by Erin K. 'Manson' Kirchhoff.

Check out http://www.thelocketonline.com/ to view my complete portfolio.

Feel free to leave a comment or shoot me an email. I would love to hear from you!

Thanks for stopping by!


Blog Archive

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Grandfather

After three snow days in a row, going back to school today was tough! And to make things worse - we had conferences after school until 8! So I found this photo contest involving your grandma or grandpa and I knew I had a few pictures of my grandfather from his last birthday. I drove back to the high school to look through my files for the photos of him blowing out his candles. After two hours of searching I gave up and went home. I found another image to use, played with it a bit, and as I got ready to send it in, read that it had to be horizontally cropped. Mine was vertical! Just not my day, I guess. Not that the photo was anything too exciting, but to make me feel like the last four hours weren't for nothing, I will add the photo here. As you can see on his hat, my grandfather was born in 1910! ~E

Photobucket

*******

I thought I would add on my contest submission as well! Erin and I were both posted as favorites, but we didn't end up in the final four for the contest. Next time!!!

Here is my gramps! I love him so much. I get to go visit him in April and I can't wait until then!

-S

Photobucket

No comments: