Welcome to The Locket's photo blog! This blog is to showcase my most recent work, keep you updated, and let you get to know me better!

Images and text by Erin K. 'Manson' Kirchhoff.

Check out http://www.thelocketonline.com/ to view my complete portfolio.

Feel free to leave a comment or shoot me an email. I would love to hear from you!

Thanks for stopping by!


Blog Archive

Friday, August 6, 2010

A Bit of me Friday: Jewelry

If you saw one of my earlier posts, I LOVE to decorate! I subscribe to way too many decorating magazines and love to merge modern and vintage into one! Here's a few pics of my latest project.

Photobucket

What I love about this little corner, is that I remember the story of each piece of jewelry! I could list which pieces I bought at my favorite "Everything's a Dollar" store in Maquoketa, which pendants I bought on the St. Charles Bridge in Prague, and which earrings I bought in the London airport on my way home from shooting my first overseas wedding! Some of my favorite pieces are my tree necklaces. The neatest one is the one with a tree punched out of metal my husband gave me as a wedding gift. The underneath layer reads, "Love should be a tree whose roots are deep in the earth, but whose branches extend into Heaven." I LOVE handmade jewelry from Iowa Artisan's Gallery and AKAR, both in Iowa City. For real - check both of them out! I am crazy for European jewelry and my husband had my wedding ring designed in a European style I had eyed in Prague. Veto out of Switzerland is my absolute favorite designer at the moment!!!

Photobucket

I love that this whole display was made from stuff I already had!

The frames were used at my wedding and I just added scraps of scrapbooking paper and old ribbon I had. The frames didn't have glass or backs so I just glued cardboard on the back to act as a cushion for the straight pins I used to hang my necklaces. The long spiral thing on the left is actually meant to hang photos, but I hung it vertically to show off some of my cutest earrings. I hung my headbands on an old handle I bought a long time ago and never used. The wooden quote thing in the back was a gift I made my husband one Valentine's day and the keys and mirror were clearance items I bought some time ago but never found the right spot to display them.

The little commode/dresser is something my dad bought me at an estate auction and thought I'd like when we first moved into our house. I scrubbed it up awhile back and put cute knobs on it. I've always used different dress forms to display my jewelry, but it has been a mess! Until now that is! My husband swears it will never look this cute again but I beg to differ!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you Erin Mansonwooga. This post reminded me of it for some reason. :)

Anonymous said...

I love it! I'm glad my sis alerted me of your blog, can't wait to stalk your work!

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hello:)

Amazing collection and very artistic display.Very beautiful post.

Have a nice day:)
Joseph

Anonymous said...

Visit http://www.dofollowarticles.com to post articles in the following categories: tragedy, guadi, cardio, denim, heart, plymoth, translate and more...

Unknown said...

We at Sapience are one of the best and skilled at outbound BPO processes and web process/support. We have a dedicated and skilled team to do various projects and run both kinds of processes at a time. If in case you have a backend work, web process or voice based telemarketing or customer care process that you need to outsource, certainly we are equipped and highly skilled to run it!
===============
seo projects