Welcome to The Locket's photo blog! This blog is to showcase my most recent work, keep you updated, and let you get to know me better!

Images and text by Erin K. 'Manson' Kirchhoff.

Check out http://www.thelocketonline.com/ to view my complete portfolio.

Feel free to leave a comment or shoot me an email. I would love to hear from you!

Thanks for stopping by!


Blog Archive

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Senior: Tyler

Whenever I have a shoot or meet with a client I ask where they heard about The Locket and why they chose us. Tyler heard about us through his friend Chelsea (and way back in the day I babysat him a few times), but also said he remembered seeing a photo I took of straws and entered in our county fair. Crazy! That was honestly during my early college years which would have put Tyler at about middle school age! I remember exactly the photo he mentioned. I took a photo of a cup full of straws. The straws that are white with a red stripe down them and have a crinkly bend toward the top. I worked at the local ice cream shop during high school and college and shot the photo looking down on the bunch of straws standing on end in a cup. Even stranger than that - I babysat Tyler a few times back in the day!










I always tell my seniors to bring more than they think they'll need so we have options as to what will look good with the backgrounds we find. Tyler did an awesome job! He brought all sorts of things and had lots of his own ideas too. We took lots of pics around the town of Maquoketa - who knew there were so many unique corners of junk! I almost felt like I was shooting in the Iowa City alleys I know too well. We then ended up shooting in the country where Tyler works.


Kind of creepy, but definitely my fave from the day!

No comments: