Welcome to The Locket's photo blog! This blog is to showcase my most recent work, keep you updated, and let you get to know me better!

Images and text by Erin K. 'Manson' Kirchhoff.

Check out http://www.thelocketonline.com/ to view my complete portfolio.

Feel free to leave a comment or shoot me an email. I would love to hear from you!

Thanks for stopping by!


Blog Archive

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Perfect Wedding Shoes and Other Random Updates...

-Sarah

Well, on Monday when Erin and I went shopping we found the perfect wedding shoes.
Gladiator shoes!
Woot!
I fell in love with them and then later found out they were on sale! God is good!
I snagged these pics from aldoshoes.com



There are some stones on my dress and I wanted some funky shoes, so basically these are exactly what I was hoping for!
And, I also ordered some higher than high purple heels (yay for having a tall man) that I will wear for a portion of the day.
So the wedding will be 4 months from TODAY. 1/3 of a year away... one hundred and twenty-two days! Well however you want to say it... Yikes!.... gotta get on my planning...
We decided colors...plum, brown, gold accents and, of course, white will be involved.
We decided on having it on driftwood beach on Jekyll Island where he proposed, but are reconsidering because of our budget (or lack of!)
Any stupendous planning ideas or ways to save? I would looooove to hear them! And if I find any good ideas I will surely post them. It's mostly the reception part that I am concerned with.
All this wedding planning business is strange! I am so used to just showing up at weddings.

-Sarah

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Neat shoes indeed! I looooove Aldo. Congrats on the find!

Vanessa Myers said...

Sarah!! I love your shoes! Post pics of the purple ones!! Wow...so happy for you. God IS good!

Hmmm...have you considered an elegant finger foods reception? Mini desserts and h'ors douvres (ok, totally botched the spelling, but too lazy to look it up)? It might save you some money. My friend does catering and is good at doing elegant things with a smaller budget. I can hook you up if you want. Seriously, she's amazing.

In Light of the Truth... said...

Your color choices sound lovely!! Now I know this is against the norm, but a HUUUGE way to save is to not have a dinner or dance. Just have appetizers and a band play or something for nice background music. And just let everyone hang out! We just had a snack reception, and I totally don't regret that! Just an idea...