Welcome to The Locket's photo blog! This blog is to showcase my most recent work, keep you updated, and let you get to know me better!

Images and text by Erin K. 'Manson' Kirchhoff.

Check out http://www.thelocketonline.com/ to view my complete portfolio.

Feel free to leave a comment or shoot me an email. I would love to hear from you!

Thanks for stopping by!


Blog Archive

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Photo Editing: TRA Recipe

-Sarah

Now this post is mostly for photographers, but also to help clients understand what in the world Post Processing/Photo Editing is.

For Clients: When we go and shoot that's when you see us do the work. There is a whole other process afterwards when we edit your photos. We carefully choose what modifications should be made to each photo individually in order to make sure the image is the best it can be. Check out below to see a before and after of a photo that I edited.

I've had several people ask me how in the world the image below was created. I've got a little recipe for photographers who are familiar with TRA2. If you're not, click here to get familiar! Also, knowledge of photoshop is important in this example below!

Photographers:
Here is how I edited the image in photoshop:
1)Filter- Sharpen
2)Filter- Sharpen (again)
3)Render, Lens Flare-50-300mm zoom at 80% over light fixture on the right
4)Render, Lens Flare-50-300mm zoom at 50% over light fixture in the middle
5)Render, Lens Flare- 50-300mm zoom at 50% over light fiture on the left
6)Homestead (BW)
7)Remove visibility of edge fade
8)Flatten Image
9)Oh, Snap!
10)Image- Adjustments- Make BW
11)Oh, Snap!

And wa-laaaaa! done!

BEFORE:

AND AFTER:


I consider photographing only half of what I do. In fact, it makes me feel a little weird to let people see unedited images. It's like trying to sell a painting that is only half way done. Yikes! Anyways, I think editing is a whole art of its own. For the photogs- I'm going to make an effort to post more step-by-step editing. Give me a shout and let me know if its confusing or if it's helpful!

-Sarah

1 comment:

In Light of the Truth... said...

Ooo, can't wait to see more of this! Question for you, I edit photos in Photoshop and it seems like when I then upload them online, they lose their color vibrancy. Is there a step I'm missing??