Welcome to The Locket's photo blog! This blog is to showcase my most recent work, keep you updated, and let you get to know me better!

Images and text by Erin K. 'Manson' Kirchhoff.

Check out http://www.thelocketonline.com/ to view my complete portfolio.

Feel free to leave a comment or shoot me an email. I would love to hear from you!

Thanks for stopping by!


Blog Archive

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Wedding: Jenna and Mike

~ Manson

Last night I had the pleasure of shooting Jenna and Mike's Friday night wedding and I am so excited they let me be a part of their special day! Jenna is Sarah's older sister. Sarah helped out when she could and we had a great time!

My goodness, how these gals look alike! Since Sarah helped shoot she came pre-beautified and ready to roll, but I caught a few of her mother and sisters getting ready for the big day!



Playing with the macro...




The gorgeous flower girls were Mike's nieces. They were absolute dolls and loved to have their picture taken!




Mike and Jenna's first glimpse of each other was so sweet! I love the look on Jenna's face as she met her groom at the altar! The two of them kissed and held each other without saying a word. Before the actual moment I got a kick out of Mike as he stood there and waited for his bride. He said, "I have no idea what's going on right now." I guess we just sent him up to the altar without explaining what was happening! He survived!



I loved the intimacy of this ceremony. The energy was completely focused on the couple as they listened to the words the pastor shared with them. Sarah typically shoots up front during the ceremony and I shoot toward the back. While Sarah focuses on the couple, I get the chance to capture the reaction of people attending the wedding.


I moved to a different pew to get a shot of the flower girl watching the ceremony and as I put my camera up to my face she most definitely caught my eye. Look at that face!

I say it everyday but we have the best job in the world! We get to share in so many people's best day of their life. I'd certainly say this image summarizes my thoughts. Look at how absolutely lost in the moment and in love Jenna, Mike, and Ethan are!





I will have to say, hands down, this reception was the best wedding meal I've ever had. The reception was held at a quaint little restaurant called Tuscan Moon in Kalona, IA. The meal was prime rib or chicken marsala with mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables, and several crazy fancy desserts! Local ladies, you definitely have to ask your guy to take you there the next time you have date night!
The littlest flower girl kept asking me to take her picture and then she'd strike a pose for me!


All tuckered out...

This was definitely the most intense cake exchange I've ever seen. They both absolutely nailed each other!

And Jenna still looks gorgeous!!!

Thanks again Jenna and Mike! I enjoyed being a part of your big day and wish you all the blessings in the world!
Manson

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Oh my goodness...I absolutely love the pictures. Thank you so much for being there on Friday!