Welcome to The Locket's photo blog! This blog is to showcase my most recent work, keep you updated, and let you get to know me better!

Images and text by Erin K. 'Manson' Kirchhoff.

Check out http://www.thelocketonline.com/ to view my complete portfolio.

Feel free to leave a comment or shoot me an email. I would love to hear from you!

Thanks for stopping by!


Blog Archive

Monday, October 12, 2009

Engagement: Greg and Tracey

Although I'm nervous I've lost all my followers after such an insane lack of posts, I. AM. ALIVE! In the craziness of losing my business partner, I still have many, many clients to complete work for as well as continue with new ones everyday. I have been trying so hard to stay afloat and in the midst of figuring out how to run a two person business with one person - something had to go. My college years of sleeping three or four hours a night have returned and something had to give. Blogging is something I love to do, especially to have the chance to tell stories, but it just slipped aside for a bit. While I'm nervous out of my mind of what is to come with my, "I've finally got a plan and know exactly what I want to do with my life," I'm trying with everything in my heart to stay focused on my dreams and trust that God will guide the rest of my life in the direction it needs to go. I'm behind. I'm scared. I'm exhausted. And I'm timid to trust. And even with those feelings of doubt, I ask for the courage to be confident in my business and patient to see the results. I want to refocus. I want to be refreshed. I want to serve.

Enough of that deep talk! I really do love what I do and am thankful for my blessings everyday - I'm just trying refocus my goals! So... without further ado, I post again with high hopes of keeping things updated. I've had lots of exciting and creative shoots lately so keep checking back for more!



The next series of shots is from a recent engagement shoot of Tracey and Greg. I met these two through my college roommate Minda. Minda is just getting her feet wet in a possible photography career and we are going to shoot their wedding together in Chicago this coming May and I can't wait to see everything they have planned. I'm so pumped to work at a new venue!




Tracey and Greg met while attending the University of Iowa and stopped by Iowa City on their way home to the Chicago area. We did a few shots at Quinton's because this is where they had their first date!







No comments: