Welcome to The Locket's photo blog! This blog is to showcase my most recent work, keep you updated, and let you get to know me better!

Images and text by Erin K. 'Manson' Kirchhoff.

Check out http://www.thelocketonline.com/ to view my complete portfolio.

Feel free to leave a comment or shoot me an email. I would love to hear from you!

Thanks for stopping by!


Blog Archive

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Engagement: Liz and Cameron

~ Manson

On Sunday we took a journey to Monticello, IA - home of the Great Jones County Fair!!! We met up with Liz and Cameron who drove down four hours from Milwaukee just for the shoot. Liz is from Monticello and Cameron is from Florida but they are living in New York until they take their new jobs in Milwaukee. Oh man, what troopers! During the shoot it was pelletting! Yes, that's right, pelletting!!! I'm not sure that you could look that one up, but it was a combination of snow, sleet, and hail that combined to make little round pellets. For choosing to come back to Iowa for photos during April, I'm sure our Floridian groom was just thrilled to shoot his engagement pics in the snow (pellets). These guys were so willing to try some of our crazy ideas and I just love how they'd laugh at everything we made them do. Liz and Cameron found us through our friend and previous bride we worked with, Lacey - thanks woman!!!

I'm not sure what my deal is with my colorless photos lately, but I love the romance a black and white photo evokes...


I brought along an old mirror I inherited from my grandmother...




Too fun!

My favorite from the day!


Liz laughed basically the entire shoot! We can't wait to work with these two again at their upcoming wedding!!!



1 comment:

Christine Szeto said...

wow! who needs textures when you have pellets!?! these are amazing-esp love #2--pair of glasses? you guys amaze and inspire.