Welcome to The Locket's photo blog! This blog is to showcase my most recent work, keep you updated, and let you get to know me better!

Images and text by Erin K. 'Manson' Kirchhoff.

Check out http://www.thelocketonline.com/ to view my complete portfolio.

Feel free to leave a comment or shoot me an email. I would love to hear from you!

Thanks for stopping by!


Blog Archive

Friday, February 29, 2008

Riley

So... once again, I'm slow getting something on here so we might have two entries today! I've thought about putting these on here for awhile and am finally getting it done. This is my dog, Riley. A funny story of how we got Riley... I had volunteered to shoot a benefit banquet for Jacque Cayton and my husband came with me. They had a silent auction and a live auction. A relative of Jacque raised pure bred Cocker Spaniels and had donated a baby puppy for the auction. As they auctioned the puppy off, I went up front to take some photos of the little girl holding the puppy. Once I took a few, I walked back to my seat and everyone at my table was laughing. It took a few minutes, but after I heard the auctioneer say $125 going once, going twice, sold to the gentleman in the back and the little girl put this cute puppy on my lap, I realized my husband had just bought a puppy without any thinking! I was shocked and nervous, but with time - we've come to love this little guy and can't imagine life without him. Here's a few photos of him when we first got him.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And this is what he looks like now. I can't carry him around like I could before!

Photobucket

Photobucket

All the snow this winter has made for a fun first winter for Riley. At first he wouldn't leave the front step when he saw snow, but now he loves to go play and eat the snow - he's hilarious to watch.

Photobucket

My husband and I have both caught each other taking a nap after teaching school. Of course, Riley is the best napper of all! He lays on his back sometimes, just like a human!

Photobucket

Photobucket

This one's my favorite! Gross to me, but when Brandon says, "Kisses", Riley knows what that means.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah,
Just dropping by to say Hi. I can hardly believe we are just two weeks away from my wedding. I feel so lucky to have you sharing in my special day. See you in warm and sunny Vegas :)